Friday, December 23, 2011
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
Friday, September 30, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Do you feel like you've tried everything to improve your totally drab hair?
Is teasing your hair leaving you with a mess?Do you go through a whole can of hairspray trying to get that full volumized look?Let me tell you, all of these things applied to me. I just didn't know what to do! I felt like I had tried everything and nothing was working. I just couldn't get that look that I wanted.
Then something magical happened!!!
My sister-in-law knew of my desperation for better hair so she sent me this in the mail:
I had seen the Bumpit on t.v. before, but I have to admit I was skeptical.
But at this point I had nothing to lose so I tried it out and...........
From flat to Fabulous!
Now I've got that salon-styled look that I've always wanted in SECONDS and all the confidence to go with it!
Sophisticated and sassy!
Double Bump Action!
Friday, July 15, 2011
Note our glazed-over eyes... And this was before the movie even began. And yes, that is a full theater behind us. Turns out there are a lot of crazy Potter fans in Logan.
Don't even ask... You know I loved the movie. Tyler did too. I personally think he was just pleased that Voldemort didn't yell, "YEOOOOAAAHHH!" nearly as much as he did in the trailer (I think we counted 8 times? Watch it, it's ridiculous.)
I must also mention what an odd sensation it was to walk into a movie theater when it's dark outside and come out to find the sun coming up.
And if you were wondering... Yes. I think I will be rereading the Deathly Hallows.
Also, if you were wondering... Tyler is asleep. Love him.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Needless to say I woke up cold, sweaty, and grumpy. Poo.
New job anxiety anyone?? Yikes!
Sunday, June 19, 2011
I'd say a weekend just doesn't get any better than that.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
My job was to call lists of people and ask them to take a survey for the company... I asked them questions like, what kind of vacuum do you use? do you rent of own your home? what age group do you belong to? Things like that. Then I would tell them that as a thank you for taking our survey, we would put their name in a drawing. Well, it turns out that everyone wins the drawing. The job of the girl I worked with was to call these people back a few days later and congratulate them on winning the drawing. She would tell them that they could choose between a six-piece knife set or a vacation package. The catch was that in order to receive their prize, these people would have to agree to let us come deliver it personally and let us show them our product while we are there.
Now before I move on, I have to mention that this girl was very nice. But she wasn't.... quite all there. Nice, but extremely ditzy. In fact, I often entertained myself at this extremely boring job by writing down the funny things that she said on the phone. Here are a few examples:
"All this excitement is very exciting!"
And it sure was.
"Oh! Your name is still in the gas give away, but this is just an extra little.... BOOM!"
Yes, she yelled that word.
"The knife set comes in its own......packaging. Do you have some nice knife sets?"
I hope it doesn't come in someone else's packaging...
"You were selected to be our grand prize winner.... SOOOOO YAAAAY!!!"
"Do you guys love health and keeping healthy?"
Only the health. But not actually keeping it.
"The hotels are located in 58 different states."
Puerto Rico....?? And..?
"You get your choice between a vacation package or a six-piece gold-plated knife set."
Gold-plated meaning.... cheap knock-off of Cutco knives.
I could never figure out how she was able to book as many appointments as she did. I think she was able to confuse people enough into wondering whether she was for real or not that they just stayed on the line.
There was this one day where we only had one representative (the guys who deliver the prizes and show the product) available. As he was getting ready to go do this, someone called because they wanted to buy our actual product. This obviously took priority over the gift giving appointment so they asked the girl I work with to call and reschedule with the other customer. Well, I guess she was too much in the habit of giving things away and congratulating people because this is what she said:
"I am calling to reschedule our appointment with you. Our representative actually got called out to deliver (said product) so..... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh.... uh, I mean....to US! Anyway... what day would work best for you?"
Yep. It was a great job.
But now I'll get to the real reason why I was writing this post in the first place. I have some good news to share. I'm so excited about it that I just can't hold it in. Buuuuut.... by posting it I kind of feel like I'm writing, "CONGRATULATIONS! Oh...uh, to me." So forgive me for that. Okay, here we go.
Starting this fall, say hello to Logan City's newest FOURTH GRADE TEACHER!
All this excitement is very exciting!
I don't know what's more exciting... The fact that I got a teaching job, or that I won't have to work as a telemarketer anymore. But seriously, I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I have been dreaming about it since I was a kid. So thank you for all those prayers in my behalf because I know they helped a ton. I can't wait for the adventures that await me!
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Anyway, one night while we were there, I met a little friend. There are a few cats that they keep around the barn to catch the mice. As we were leaving I noticed a little gray ball curled up in a dark corner of the barn. A kitten! It was all alone and not moving. At first I was afraid it was dead, but as I came closer it began to open it's little eyes. It was tiny and shivering and none of the cats seemed to want anything to do with it. It was then I decided I wanted to foster this little guy. So my very nice husband let me take him home.
We stopped at the pet store and bought some cat milk formula... yep, they sell that. And wow, I was in love with this little guy. We knew we couldn't keep him permanently , but we figured we could nurse him back to health. Tyler's little brother had also been dying for a pet. Not too long ago he had found and taken care of a runaway cat for about three months and was crushed when they found the real owner. So we called Tyler's mom and proposed the idea of seeing how this kitten did and then giving it to Tyler's brother the next time we see them.
So here is a tribute to our little pet of three weeks, Scout. AKA Scouty, Scouterpants, Little Boy Cat (First named after Scout from "To Kill a Mockingbird" because we originally thought he was a girl. Turns out that at three to four weeks old, little boy parts don't show too well on kittens. Good thing we picked a pretty gender mutual name...)Yes, he kind of looked like a little mouse. He was barely keeping his eyes open at this point. You could hold him in the palm of your hand.
Scout did NOT like being alone. The first night we put him in box (he quickly learned to climb out) and he just wasn't content unless we were by him. I turned around and saw him staring at us like this...
For about the first week he really struggled in the walking department. He definitely waddled and I definitely loved it:
He is now happily spending the rest of his days with Ty's family- enjoying all the playtime and attention he gets!
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Mac and Cheese.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
2. It takes three minutes to go to the bathroom (I know it's just around the corner). So either you need to get your bowels checked out or you better get your sluffing little bum back here.
3. I'm not the new student. I'm not eighteen. I am married. And no, I will not accept your "friend request" on Facebook.
4. If you walk into class and the first thing you do is ask me if I will be writing down names of kids that are bad, chances are I will be writing down your name before the end of class.
5. Justin Bieber-- You talk about how much you hate him, but you all dress like him and have the exact same haircut as him. Go figure...
6. Just because it's your three week mark of "going out" with the boy, does not mean you have to kiss him.
7. The more respectful you are, the more freedom you're going to get. If you want to know why I let 4th hour sit wherever they want, it's because they showed me they could handle it.
8. I understand you're in the most awkward stage of you life so I will cut you come slack. Life is all uphill from here. I promise.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
We took a few trips down to mainstreet and walked around visiting all the random little shops. I had always been meaning to do this and thoroughly enjoyed it. We found that this great antique store with all sorts of knick-knacks. This was the $6 rug that I almost took home.... but I refrained. I might be kicking myself for that one now :)
If I had a cabin, I would buy this lamp to put in it. Or maybe if I were rich-like, it could be the other way around-- If I had this lamp, I would buy a cabin to put it in...
And no antique store would be complete without feathery-Anne-of-Green-Gables hats. Sophisticated, I know.
Other stops on mainstreet included prom dress shopping, thrift stores, used book stores, and many more.
If I were to represent the rest of the week with pictures, there would be a picture of:
--Coloring books --"Pushing Daisies" --No-bake cookies --Sleeping in --Super Mario --Muddy buddies --Romantic comedies --Girl talk-- you know.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
2. I am really bad about buying produce and then forgetting to eat it before it goes bad. Me and my good intentions....poo.
3. Every night, if we are quiet, Tyler and I enjoy a nice firework show in very own apartment. Yes. In. Not outside of it. The only bummer is that it's just the audio. We think it either comes from our heater or the refridgerator. We're not sure, but it sounds for real. When we first moved in we really thought someone was setting off fireworks outside. We have also had other people comment on it. It's really a nice feature.
4. Tyler is really smart. He got a credit card that gives us rewards. But we don't use it. So.... no rewards. (He told me to write this...It all started with him telling me he just wanted me to write he is smart. Which is true, by the way.)
5. We bought a couch cover. Not because our couch was ugly, but because the color clashed with the picture that we have hanging above it. We put it on the couch. And it made it look..... ugly. It looked like a poorly made futon. And the color didn't really look that much better. We left it on for a few weeks because we kept telling ourselves it looked better. We took it off last week. Good thing it was on clearance.
6. Tyler likes no-bake cookies more than I do.
7. I wear Tyler's big, comfy blue sweatpants more than he does. Today he forgot that they were his in the first place.
8. Dog is blooming. And he looks real good.
9. "1-2-3! Eyes on me!" works really well on first graders. I wish it worked just as well on eighth graders and seniors...
10. We live in a magical land of Narnia, it's always winter but never Christmas. In a few months we will witness Aslan's presence in Narnia. Something both of us have yet to experience. We've always been under the brutal rule of the White Witch in Logan seeing that we've only lived here during the school months... "FOR ASLAN!"
11. Every morning we receive a Wallstreet Journal on our front porch that we don't pay for and we don't read. But we feel guilty for wasting them so we bring them inside and let them stack up for a few days, then get annoyed that they're taking up space in the apartment, and in the end we haul them all out to the recycling. If anyone out there has a creative use for newspaper, please let us know.
12. I have to sit on the counter while appyling and often times removing my makeup.
13. Tyler can play the accordion (which I always thought had two a's in it instead of two o's...) Bet you didn't know that- the spelling or the fact that he plays. I don't understand why he doesn't go around playing one all the time because it's the coolest skill ever.
14. If you're still reading, you must really love us. And we appreciate that. We really do.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Now, I will be the first to admit that this is quite a lovely sight to see. But let me make you aware that, because I live in Logan, this view is not about to change ANY. TIME. SOON. So that's why I now have Dog.
And I'm grateful for a husband who, when I excitedly say, "Babe, look at those plants!" smiles at me and says, "Would you like one?" And even if he thinks I'm pretty strange for getting giddy over a little plant, he doesn't show it. I know, I got a good one.
Monday, January 31, 2011
We may or may not (this time let's just assume "may not") have eaten almost an entire Butterfinger ice cream pie.
By ourselves. In the space of two days.
Hey! We would have shared it with the kids. But we don't have any.
And the highlight of the week....
Thank you, husband.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
And as I write this very first post on our very first blog, I am quite shocked with myself. Because... I'm pretty sure I told myself I would never become someone who "blogs." As Seinfeld would say, "Not that there's anything wrong with that." I just didn't really think I was the type. (Yes, in my mind, there was a type.)
But then I remembered that there are, in fact, a number of blogs that I thoroughly enjoy reading and keeping up with. Ones that don't blog like "the type" do. With that thought in mind and a little nudge from my husband to try out my writing skills for all to see, I started a blog. So...
I. am. a. blogger. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)