Thursday, June 23, 2011

True Confessions

The other night I had a dream that I was teaching a class (I would say they were probably first graders). The kids were out at recess, but I knew that as soon as they were to come in I was supposed to read them a story. I also knew that I was going to be-- observed. DUN DUN Duuuuun. Well, in the dream, I had this giant tootsie roll- I love those things, but this one was HUGE. I popped it in my mouth and right as I did, the kids came in and so did the "observer". For some reason, it was very important that I get started right away so I opened the book and began. But I still had that darn tootsie roll in my mouth and it was now clogging my throat. And as I tried to read, it kept getting worse and worse! I was franticly chewing and trying to swallow. And while I was trying to swallow, there were these awkward pauses and all the kids were staring at me..... waiting. And THEN, the words on the page of the book started getting smaller and smaller andsmaller until I couldn't read them anymore. All the while the "observer" was becoming more and more irritated with me.

Needless to say I woke up cold, sweaty, and grumpy. Poo.

New job anxiety anyone?? Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment