Friday, July 15, 2011

Midnight showings are for sissies

Well, the saga of Harry Potter has come to an end. And honestly, I feel like a little part of me has died. Okay, that's a little dramatic. But I can't even begin to tell you what a nerd I am about Harry Potter and his wonderful wizarding world.

As I'm sure you know, tickets for the midnight showing sold out pretty fast so we didn't have much of a chance at that. But Tyler surprised with matinee tickets for Friday. Sweet!! Our tickets were for 2:30.


A.M.

Yep. You read right. Now, I am the ultimate night person. I can stay up as late as you want and do quite well on very little sleep, at least for a while. Tyler, on the other hand, does not function on anything less than eight hours. So you can imagine my shock when he told me this. The boy must really love me. And yes, we're both completely crazy. I would be lying if I said I didn't like the feeling of being an idiotic college student again.

We thought about about trying to go to bed before... but the thought of sleeping through it must have weighed too heavily on our minds. So at 1:45 we headed out in our sweats and stopped at Macey's for some treats (a must when you're seeing a movie at that hour).


Note our glazed-over eyes... And this was before the movie even began. And yes, that is a full theater behind us. Turns out there are a lot of crazy Potter fans in Logan.

Don't even ask... You know I loved the movie. Tyler did too. I personally think he was just pleased that Voldemort didn't yell, "YEOOOOAAAHHH!" nearly as much as he did in the trailer (I think we counted 8 times? Watch it, it's ridiculous.)


I must also mention what an odd sensation it was to walk into a movie theater when it's dark outside and come out to find the sun coming up.


And if you were wondering... Yes. I think I will be rereading the Deathly Hallows.


Also, if you were wondering... Tyler is asleep. Love him.

3 comments:

  1. I think my heart broke a little reading this. #1- because it is the end of an era--ERA- I'm telling you. Tragic! #2- because I haven't even seen it yet. #3- because it might have been fun to all go see it together at 2:30 in the morning. (ok-- that's a lie. I'm more like your husby that way. me and not sleep are bad partners.) But you see where I'm going with this. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!!! I'm so jealous you got to see it the first night...we're hoping for next week on Jared's day off. (Fingers crossed) You have a wonderful husband if he's willing to sacrifice his sleep for such activities :) Give him a thumb's up from me. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete