Friday, February 11, 2011

We got a dog!

Exciting, right?

Oh wait, we're not allowed to have a dog in our apartment...

Not to mention... we can't afford one.

So......I settled for a plant that I have now named Dog.
For now.

Tyler and I went to Walmart a few nights ago for a few things like Advil and chocolate chips (you know, just the bare necessities) when we came across these little plants. I don't know what it was about them... maybe their mustard colored pots or the little yellow flowers on top, but I instantly fell in love with them. And like puppies in the pet store, I wanted to take one home with me. Of course I would prefer a real puppy, but I will have to wait until circumstances allow.

I think the other reason these little plants pulled at my heart strings was because I have needed a little greenery in my life. You see, it has snowed almost everyday this last week and this is what we see out our front window:

Now, I will be the first to admit that this is quite a lovely sight to see. But let me make you aware that, because I live in Logan, this view is not about to change ANY. TIME. SOON. So that's why I now have Dog.

And I'm grateful for a husband who, when I excitedly say, "Babe, look at those plants!" smiles at me and says, "Would you like one?" And even if he thinks I'm pretty strange for getting giddy over a little plant, he doesn't show it. I know, I got a good one.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Dog and I love your husband! I'm glad you have some greenery in your house, it really does make all the difference. I love walking in from the cold and the snow to find my living room filled with green. P.S. You guys have a sweet view from your place :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been talking to my kids? One has already put in a puppy request for next Christmas, and the other suggested that this puppy would make a great birthday present instead. (since it was a February birthday I saw those mental wheels a-turnin')
    I am thrilled, however, that you have some green to perk things up. I think I could use some of it here in this desert. (too bad I have a black thumb and kill every plant I come in contact with)
    Best of luck and long life to Dog and the marrieds. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete