Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Break Dos

Since graduating in December I have been substituting in classes of every grade all over the valley. This means that I had two spring breaks. One was during March when Tyler had his spring break-- although we both worked the entire week so it wasn't so much of a break. But it was super nice that he didn't have to study as much at night. The second spring break was a couple weeks ago. All the schools here were out so I had nowhere to work. This worked out really nicely because my sister, who is a senior in high school, happened to have her spring break at the same time and came up for a visit. It was FAB-u-lous! Here are a few snapshots to summarize the week of ultimate sister bonding:

We took a few trips down to mainstreet and walked around visiting all the random little shops. I had always been meaning to do this and thoroughly enjoyed it. We found that this great antique store with all sorts of knick-knacks. This was the $6 rug that I almost took home.... but I refrained. I might be kicking myself for that one now :)










If I had a cabin, I would buy this lamp to put in it. Or maybe if I were rich-like, it could be the other way around-- If I had this lamp, I would buy a cabin to put it in...














And no antique store would be complete without feathery-Anne-of-Green-Gables hats. Sophisticated, I know.

Other stops on mainstreet included prom dress shopping, thrift stores, used book stores, and many more.

If I were to represent the rest of the week with pictures, there would be a picture of:
--Coloring books --"Pushing Daisies" --No-bake cookies --Sleeping in --Super Mario --Muddy buddies --Romantic comedies --Girl talk-- you know.




We also happened to have a snowstorm that week and we had to be a little creative in coming up with things to do.


So... we painted our old kitchen table...
Why not?

2 comments:

  1. I read your title as Spring Break Do's (So I was expecting a list of Do's and Don'ts) Dos- as in two in that language we love 'round here, is better. Who wouldn't want two? That's what I would like to know?! also, I'm jealous that you got some awesome shopping time (and with Nat, no less!!) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a blast and I'm jealous I couldn't be there for the girl bonding. P.S. I also read the title as Spring Break Do's...that's funny Whit and I think the same. And, when did you start watching Pushing Daisies?...that is one of mine and Jared's favorite shows ever! I got him the first season on DVD for his birthday. Hope you're doing awesome, love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete