Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dear Eighth Grader...

1. You think this movie is boring? This is the SEVENTH time I have had to watch it. Don't bother complaining to me.
2. It takes three minutes to go to the bathroom (I know it's just around the corner). So either you need to get your bowels checked out or you better get your sluffing little bum back here.
3. I'm not the new student. I'm not eighteen. I am married. And no, I will not accept your "friend request" on Facebook.

4. If you walk into class and the first thing you do is ask me if I will be writing down names of kids that are bad, chances are I will be writing down your name before the end of class.
5. Justin Bieber-- You talk about how much you hate him, but you all dress like him and have the exact same haircut as him. Go figure...
6. Just because it's your three week mark of "going out" with the boy, does not mean you have to kiss him.
7. The more respectful you are, the more freedom you're going to get. If you want to know why I let 4th hour sit wherever they want, it's because they showed me they could handle it.
8. I understand you're in the most awkward stage of you life so I will cut you come slack. Life is all uphill from here. I promise.

Sincerely,
Your Substitute

6 comments:

  1. Oh- How I loved this! Sorry that being the sub is so much fun (un-fun) sometimes. You are doing well though (as evidenced by your observations here and your continued efforts) We're thinking of you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could just sit in with you sometime and check out these crazy junior highers. Takes me back to when which Backstreet Boy was the cutest totally took priority and substitutes were lame. Little did I know their side of things. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Where did you sub? I warned you about the Justin Bieber obsession... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm.. I LOVE this. All comments 100% true. Thanks for subbing for my class the other week- I hope they weren't too much like 8th graders :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahaha!!! I looove this! And I agree--totally uphill from there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh i love this! bless you my dear for subbing middle school. you are a saint, pretty sure i couldnt do it!

    ReplyDelete