Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two years ago today

Today was a beautiful day! The sun was shining, melted snow was drip-dropping off the roof, and there were definite hints of spring in the air.

This evening I was perusing through my journal and reminiscing about old times. I came across an entry I had written exactly two years ago today:

March 4, 2010

It's funny how on a beautiful day it is so easy to see God's hand in everything. This morning was the first moment of spring that we've had this year. As I was walking to class, I could feel the sun actually warming my face- which is a definite sign of spring because when the sun shines on a winter day in Logan (very rarely does this happen anyway), but when it does, you can't feel it. In fact, most times those days are the most bitter cold ones because we don't have insulation from the clouds.

Anyway, as I was walking I was just enjoying the weather and suddenly things that normally look very ugly and drab to me started actually looking very nice. All I wanted to do was throw down my bag and just start running and just keep running! Unfortunately, I didn't have the best shoes on... Oh yeah, and that whole "I guess I'm on my way to class" thing kind of got in the way...

And the saddest part: I'm in class feeling all antsy and I can't stop glancing out the window and then I start to see dark clouds... and as each hour goes by, I watch as my moment of spring slips away and disappears and I had only gotten to enjoy fifteen minutes of it! However, when I finally got out of class it was raining and I actually really loved walking home in the rain. It was the good kind today. The rain that smells fresh... not like worms.


Husband thinks I am so weird for thinking that rain smells like worms sometimes. But it totally does!

Am I right??

2 comments:

  1. There are rain storms that totally smell like worms! Remember Minnesota? Eww gross sometimes walking to school or even down the drive way (because it was covered in wormies-yuck!) I'm glad you keep a journal, good job on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that your journal is so thoughtful and deep (in beautiful, poetic ways) My journal (aka my blog) is far more fact oriented. AND wrom rain is the worst. Eww.

    ReplyDelete