Monday, February 27, 2012

Bill was right. They do say the darndest things.

The other day a few of my students were asking me if I had any kids (not like they didn't already know the answer to that question because they've asked me it a hundred times...)

Anyway, I told them (again) that I did not have any kids. One student then said, "Do you think you ever will have kids?" I replied with a yes. Then another student asked, "Do you want to have kids?" I replied with another yes.

Then another student got this concerned look on her face. She then turned to me, looked right into my eyes, and gently said, "You can always adopt a kid. You can even change their name to yours so it's like they're actually your kid!"

Sweet, right?

On a funnier note, yesterday we learned about similes and metaphors.

When asked to write a metaphor about homework...
Student: Homework is a treacherous pit of doom filled with man-eating lions and bones.

When asked to write a simile about a dog...
Student: The crazy dog was moving around in circles like underpants in a washing machine.

You gotta love the minds of fourth graders.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. Out of the mouth of babes, right? I think you have some potential poets in that class!

    ReplyDelete