Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Do you know the way to San Jose?

I soon will!

I have had that song in my head alllll week.

Tyler got accepted to do a nuclear-chemistry internship in San Jose, California.

Congrats, husband!

He applied for a few, but this was secretly the one he really wanted so he is excited. The only downside is that he will be gone for 6 weeks.

And I am not invited. Whaaaaaa?

Did you know that 6 weeks is 42....DAYS?

Did you know that I am very used to living with this guy and I quite like it? As in, I will not like it when he is gone.

Did you know that I have suddenly become VERY grateful for modern technology so that I will be able to see and talk to that handsome face sometimes while he is gone?

Did you know that I still feel that missing him is totally worth it because I am so darn proud of him?

Did you know that he is one of the hardest workers I have ever met? It's true.

And don't worry. I am definitely meeting him out there when he is done. Because if we're apart for awhile, we only feel it fair that we get to hang out for a few days in sunny California.

Oh man. Now that we've planned that, my head has not been where it should be for last few days. Instead of work, dishes, cleaning, it's been:

....me and husband, beach, warm, ocean, boardwalks, no work, a good book, relaxing....

"Do you know the way to San Jose" is sung by a character in this video. This is the version that I have had in my head. Watch the whole video. It's very enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you guys have to be apart for 42 days. I would HATE that! But congratulations to Tyler on getting the internship-that's AWESOME!! And I wasn't kidding...if you need to break up the time with him gone, we'll fly you out here. I could use the help watching Baby B while we try and pack.

    ReplyDelete