Thursday, May 17, 2012

Numbers

This is my "I'm feeling a little frazzled, but I CAN DO THIS" face.  

Is it working?  Am I fooling you?

Since I am not really thinking like a normal person anymore, here are my thoughts in numbers:
2 The number of weeks I have until my first year of teaching is over.
24 The number of children that I feel responsible for and still feel like I need to change their lives.
0 The number of cookies that I have should have eaten, but instead I ate a very different number than that.  One that I shall not reveal at this time.
11.5 The number of hours I spent at Woodruff Elementary School today.
3 The number of songs that I need to play on the organ this Sunday.
3 The number of songs that I don't know how to play on the organ.
4 The number of hours of sleep I got last night because my darn brain just keeps thinking... and thinking... and thinking...
496 The number of times I heard the words "Mrs. Gish" today.  Ok, that's just a guess, but it's probably not that far off.
31 The number of times in the last week that I have thought, "Dang, I am going to miss that kiddo... and that kiddo... and that kiddo..."
1 The number of times that I felt like crying today.  But I didn't.  Because I plan on wearing this same mascara tomorrow.  I mean really... I have better things to do in the morning than apply a fresh coat of mascara.  I've got my priorities straight.
10 The number of students that I have recruited for summer tutoring so far.  Yeah, I make it sound that fun.
229 The number of copies I made today.  Tree-huggers, don't hate.  This is not a daily occurrence.  I pinky swear.
7 The number of times in a row that I listened to "The Rock Cycle Rap" by Mr. Lee on YouTube.  Because the kids like it.  And I like that they like it.
5 The number of very odd dreams that I have had about school in the last week.
31 The number of students they are estimating that I will have next year.  Say WHAAA??!
24 The number of notes left on my door during "Teacher Appreciation Week" that make me think, Oh yeah.  That's why I do this.  I have 24 kiddos.  They are mine and I love them.  And even though I get annoyed with them sometimes, I love them.  They have accomplished great things.  They have kind hearts.  They are curious.  They are adventurous.  Not to mention hilarious.  And I am glad to have played just a small role in their little people lives.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love this! I can relate on a teaching level and a little on a Momming level. Kids are such a joy and a challenge- but knowing that we are accomplishing something good makes it all worth it. Good job and Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete