Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello, 2012.

You're here already?

Oh. Well, good.

My #1 New Year's resolution is....
TO BE BETTER about taking pictures.
I did not take a single picture over Christmas break.

Zero. Zip. Zilch. None-zo.

Sad.

We did, however, have a wonderful Christmas break!

I got out of school at noon on the 21st and we headed to my parents' house in Farmington. Unfortunately, that night I came down with the flu. Worst flu I have ever had, in fact. So bad that I thought it was food poisoning. The kind of flu where you sleep on the bathroom floor. And you don't even care. And husband was so, so good to me! He cuddled me and stroked my head. And what did I give him in return?

The flu. Aren't I nice?

So then I cuddled him and stroked his head. And we spent the next few days sipping ginger ale, eating ramen noodles, and watching Lord of the Rings (all three movies) together. Merry stinkin' Christmas.

But after that, it was all uphill! On the 22nd, we had the Whiting Christmas party. I didn't get to participate, but I heard it was lovely. Mother made a fabulous dinner- shredded sweet pork salad (I got to enjoy the leftovers a few days later.) Christmas Eve, we spent a wonderful evening at mom's parents' house.

That night Tyler and I headed back up to Logan to spend our first Christmas Eve night together. We dragged our mattress into the living room, turned on the tree lights, and watched "Home Alone." Love.

After opening presents together Christmas morning, we headed back down to Farmington to open presents with my family. Then headed to West Jordan to open presents with Tyler's family. That night we headed to his grandma's house where we enjoyed dinner, slideshows, presents, and caroling. We spent the next few days at the Gish's and had a great time. The highlight had to be the game "Just Dance" on the Wii.

Have you played it? It is fabulous! So entertaining to play and watch. I think the best part about this game is that when you are playing, you actually feel like you're a good dancer. You follow the moves and the beat and it tells you, "Good!" and "Perfect!"

And then you see the video of yourself. Reality check.

I am no dancer. I am just a goob with a controller in my hand, waving my arms around.

But still. so. fun. Observe:

And if you didn't like that, there's nothing like watching 4 young adult males dancing together.


Overall, it was just nice to take a break and spend time with family. Doesn't get better than that, right?

And we may have bought "Just Dance" for ourselves... And our neighbors below just love it when we play...

2 comments:

  1. I love your dancing videos :) And I'm sorry about the flu but I'm really glad the rest of Christmas was good. Wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these!! My boys and I may or may not have watched them a few times each. We'll need to get together and play this delight of a game some time. (we got just dance for kids for Christmas too!) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete